Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Caution: Slippery when Ice


Nothing says cold better than walking to class from my ever so distant parking space, against the forceful wind. I'm going to be blunt here...I don't like the cold. I don't like being cold, having a cold, or even cold drinks. I'm the type of person who can wear a sweater in 90˚ weather and not even break a sweat. But in order to appeal to the masses I feel that I must provide some cold, wintry fun for those who enjoy such things.

I must admit that even though I recently spent the summer working in a hockey arena, ice does not appeal to me. However, for those of you brave souls who dare to test the fates of the cold, might I suggest ice skating on the outdoor rink in Charles Clark Square, located in downtown Windsor.

Each year this irregularly shaped ice rink is set up for the pure amusement of city dwellers. Free of charge, this ice rink is available all Winter long. While there, enjoy the convenient bleacher seating set up around the perimeter as well as the concession stand and near by washrooms. The rink is lit up with perimeter lighting making it not only useful for night time skating but also more attractive.

Somewhat of a city secret, it is nestled between Chatham St. and University E. , between Goyeau and McDougall.

A great way to spend a Sunday afternoon relaxing, completing figure 8, after figure 8.

The rink is tenatively scheduled to open Dec. 1st of this year but it is weather dependent.

NOTE: This rink is not available for playing hockey.

No comments: